Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 8

Moving the motor around is no easy task

I needed to do a little bit of extra grinding to allow for the transaxle
to fit in without rubbing on the adapter plate

Adapter plate fitted onto motor first

Motor and tranny joined together for test run.

I have been chasing around getting the welding wire and the lugs to connect the batteries. There is a recession so the price of copper is going up. At least that is what someone told me.

Great news is that I got the adaptor plate back from the machinist and it is fantastic! I bolted it all together and gave it a test run with a 12 volt battery. It all worked fine. The next thing is to put it into the EV.

side view of rust repair

I added sheet metal and treated with rust killer